Composition Materials Co., Inc. has been a leading worldwide supplier of Walnut Shell media for over 60 years. Walnut Shell media is an all-natural, biodegradable, low-cost solution for blast cleaning, paint stripping, coating removal, pressure blasting, tumbling, deflashing and deburring. Walnut Shell is also used in burn-out applications as a porosity enhancer for ceramics and grinding wheels. We stock all Walnut Shell standard grades and ship orders ranging from a few bags to full pallets and truck load volumes.
Contact us for technical assistance, quick shipping & bulk volume discounts (800) 262-7763.
WALNUT SHELL BLASTING USES & ADVANTAGES
- Available in English and Black Walnut Shell grades
- Preserves base, primer & gel-coats while removing top coats of paint
- Long-lasting, re-usable, reduces cycle time of finishing operations in wheel blasting, air blasting and tumbling operations
- Selective coatings removal, preserves microfinishes, replaces sandblasting to avoid problem of silicosis
- Used to remove paint & coatings from boats, buildings, bridges, outdoor statues, cars and for graffiti removal
- Aircraft engine clean-out, steam turbines and mold cleaning
- Deflashing and deburring parts, thermosets, plastics & die casting